Today we’re going to use the Brand Template we created in Getting Started in Canva and make some Instagram quote templates. We’ll also learn to shrink and enlarge text and elements.
Before we get started you’ll need a quote you’d like to set up in Canva.
- Log in to Canva.
- Open up the “Brand Template” document that we made in “Getting Started in Canva”.
- Drag your mouse over the top of all of the text/element boxes and copy (Command-C for Mac or Control-C for PC).
- Click on the “Home” button on the top left menu bar.
- Select “Create a Design” and search for and choose “Instagram Post”. Start with a blank document.
- Now paste what you copied in Step 3 to the blank document (Command-V for Mac or Control-V for PC). Now you have all of your fonts and colors ready to use.
- Resize and align the text/elements as you wish.
- Add your logo by going to the “Uploads” tab on the left menu bar, click on it to add. You can resize it by grabbing one of the white dots in any of the corners and slide to see your logo get bigger or smaller.
- Make a copy of the template by clicking on the small grey icon right above the document (it looks like 2 papers stacked).
- Now let’s add your quote. Select the text box with the font you want to use and type in your quote. You can resize the text with the side bar and corners. You can center or align the text with the different options on the top bar.
- Delete any text/element you didn’t use in your quote.
- Download the quote you’d like to save by clicking “Download” in the top menu bar. Choose “PNG” and under “Select Pages” choose only the page you’d like to download.
- Once it’s saved to your computer, you can organize it in a folder for Instagram quotes and also share it with your phone to post to Instagram.