I was excited by the challenge by Jennifer Wilson of Simple Scrapper to share 34 things about me as part of her 34 Things Blog Party. Jennifer’s take on keeping things simple and sharing our own stories will be the focus of her upcoming Big Picture Classes workshop, Before Your Story.
Here are 34 things I want you to know about me:
- I was born in Southern California in 1974 and I can’t believe that was 40 years ago.
- I am the youngest of 4 girls.
- My family moved to Utah was I was 2 years old.
- I have green eyes.
- I have been an aunt since I was 3 years old.
- I took my nephew to show and tell in Kindergarten.
- I am a Libra, Born in the Year of the Tiger, and a Dreamy Idealist.
- I was the head tooth fairy in my 1st grade play and still remember my lines. “Little Fairies, Little Elves gather round…” I could go on, but…on to the next.
- My favorite childhood memories involve traveling in our motor home from state to state. Yosemite National Park is a family favorite.
- I started scrapbooking in Junior High. Each page took too long because I had to hand letter each title and draw custom pictures for each event.
- I play classic piano and started teaching piano was I was 17 years old and taught until I was 25.
- I traveled abroad to Europe when I was 18. I kept a sketch journal that is now my most valuable of notebooks.
- My first baby weighed almost 10 lbs and I still chose to have 3 more!
- I have 3 boys and 1 girl.
- I ran my first and only marathon when I was 3 months pregnant with my 4th child.
- I have 2 dogs – A boxer and a Boston Terrier.
- I know every word to the Beatles “Rocky Raccoon” and I must sing it when I hear it. My kids can attest.
- I want to be a backup singer in my next life.
- I have over 4600 songs in my music library and love adding new music to my collection and listening while I design.
- Some of my favorite musical artists are: The Beatles, Simon & Garfunkel, Dave Matthews, Ingrid Michaelson, Sara Bareilles, & if there is a dance party going on Justin Timberlake must be in the house!
- I am a hockey mom.
- I have found that chocolate milk is the key ingredient to getting teenage boys to never stray too far from home.
- I also make really good cookies with just a bowl, wooden spoon, and 1 measuring cup.
- I play the piano, a little guitar, plus I own over 11 instruments just waiting until I have a chance to learn how to play them. Accordion is first on the list.
- I am happiest when I am creating something…a new paper or fabric collection, a happier home, or a simple home cooked meal.
- I am a home body.
- My Favorite Movies are Something’s Gotta Give and As Good As It Gets.
- My Favorite TV Show is Modern Family.
- My Favorite Book I have read recently is Bossy Pants by Tina Fey.
- I have a beverage addiction. I don’t feel complete without a Crystal Light or a Diet Coke in close proximity. Don’t even put me in a car without one!
- I am really picky about just a few things, one of them is my straw thickness. I like skinny straws…oh, and they can’t be flimsy either.
- I collect pretty things like hand blown glass ornaments, notebooks, wall hooks, key chains, postcards from art museums that I have been to.
- I wanted to be an architect when I grew up, but when I remodeled my house last year, I found my love for home design. I loved picking all of the little details for every piece.
- I am really good at playing Name That Tune. If a song comes on and you are in my presence, you are automatically playing the game with me and I will most certainly win.
I wanted to give you this journal card freebie so you can document your own 34 things about you. You can grab it HERE.
We’re so excited to be able to give away one seat for the class. In Before Your Story you’ll learn a simple approach to autobiographical scrapbooking and create an album that captures your story, from birth to adulthood. Class begins February 27th and all you have to do to be entered in the giveaway is leave a comment below by February 23rd by 12 PM MST. I’ll announce the winner on Monday, February 24th.
More about the class…
Before Your Story
A Simple Approach to Autobiographical Scrapbooking, from Birth to Adulthood
There are milestone events in life, such as marriage and motherhood, that divide us permanently into a “before” and an “after.” It’s easy to become so immersed in the after—the glorious here and now—that our “befores” rarely appear in our scrapbooks.
In this 6-week workshop with Jennifer Wilson of simplescrapper.com, you’ll have all the guidance you need to tell your growing-up story in one gorgeous 12″ x 12″ pocket album. Her class combines the ease of slipping photos and journaling cards into photo sleeves with the brilliance of Stacy Julian’s “Library of Memories” scrapbooking categories.
Jennifer excels at making big goals reachable and overwhelming projects finish-able, with her step-by-step processes and detailed planning worksheets. You’ll complete a simple, streamlined album that will help your spouse or partner catch up on the years leading up to the moment you met. Or, it’s the perfect answer to that age-old question, “Mom, what were you like when you were my age?”
Learn more and register here